Monday, 14 November 2011

Scar Lion King Musical - Head and Mane

Mooore scar...
I cast my first head with Resin in a slush cast.
Some bondo and a lot of sanding got the head just the way I wanted it :D

Paint job.... I started with a base of Dark watered down brown, then dry brushed a rusty orange and lighter tan color over top. The dry brushing highlights the raised sections and keeps the grooves dark.

Adding the mane... I am using strips of pre-cut styrene I found at the hobby store in the model train section. I hand drilled holes into the styrene strips and inserted wire into the holes for additional reinforcement to the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment